WE COME TO YOU ...
We have developed a series of services including workshops with staff and/or students, in-classroom training and parent sessions. Typically we offer 90 minute training sessions and half day or full day workshops in your school's location.
A unique program is designed after consultation with school leaders and may include:
- Making the most of my brain - The principles of neuroplasticity, learning how to re-train your brain with new pathways, changing old habits, reactive behaviour and bypassing learning difficulties for students.
- Trouble shooting difficult classrooms - Creating a new classroom culture and facilitating a positive environment for you and your students.
- Creative problem solving for teachers - A combination of the best of traditional and modern educational praxis - and when we say traditional, we mean ancient & tribal, not 'chalk & talk'.
- Differentiating the curriculum - Strategies that equip teachers, acknowledging we have a diversity of ability and learning style in each classroom, but we have to cater for them all!
- Maximising resources - Preserving your precious budget by offering new ways to use existing resources and create opportunities for learning through the human and geographical resources in your community.
- Humour as a teaching tool - A tried and tested topic that was one of our first and continues to be the most popular. Why have a stressful, fearful classroom environment when a wink and a nod can work wonders? Laughter really is the best medicine.
- Catering for exceptional children - Demonstrating how to design and implement individualised and class based behaviour plans for students with social and behavioural difficulties.
- Parents as educational partners - Showing how to welcome parents , encourage their interest and enlist their support in the life of the school and the education of their child.
- Flourish Parenting Courses - host these courses (at no cost to your school) and watch your school community transform, one family at a time. (See our PARENTS page for more information.)
Please remember this is not an exhaustive list! We are always developing new topics, responding to the needs and interests of schools.